Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Children's reading hour on Mud Island

Mud Island and the Memphis public library system are presenting "Read Out on the Mississippi," a free monthly event designed to foster the love of reading in our youth. There will be story time the second Saturday of each month (July through October) from 3-4 pm. It's aimed at children aged 3-6, and different library employees will share their passion for reading and read from their favorite books. Bring a blanket and come join in the fun.

I've always thought that anything is better down by the river, and this sounds like a great afternoon out for families. You can splash around in the riverwalk afterwards, take a picnic, hang out for the sunset, whatever suits your fancy. I realized a few years ago that I wasn't spending nearly enough time at the river, which is our greatest asset in Memphis, and I've enjoyed making the river more a part of my life ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment