Thursday, December 3, 2009

Overton Park Art

I've been doing a lot of landscapes in Overton Park lately, including my newest woodcut (above). It's the park nearest my home and one of my special places, and I walk and look and paint on a regular basis. My husband Elmore's work is also linked closely to the park. He picks up sections of fallen trees all around Midtown and makes windsor chairs, tables, bowls, and other things from them. He picks up occasional wood in the park and is also just inspired by the amazing array of hardwood that grows so richly in this region. The Old Forest is Memphis's finest example of our heritage in that regard.

Elmore and I will be having our Holiday Open House this weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 both days, at 1780 Autumn (the northwest corner of Autumn and Hawthorne). We'd love for you to drop in, see our latest park inspired work, and have cider and cookies with us. Come by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment